New Recipe - Baked Vegetables Florentine Gardens*
A non recipe recipe
- You can use every vegetable and every herb you have in your garden or in your fridge.
- fennel bulbs
- cauliflower (one of our favorites!)
- cabbage leaves
- sweet potatoes
- sage (becomes, if possible, even more tasty and crispy)
- garlic (to bake and/or for a vinaigrette)
- salt, pepper
- oil to grease the parchment paper and to drizzle onto the vegetables
- *The Medici loved plants and plant based cuisine. Their gardens were still provided with a modern system of underground pipes watering plants, flowers and vegetables.
Preheat the oven to 180° C with fan, to 200° C without.
Wash, clean, half carrots lengthwise and cut the other vegetables in pieces of the size desired.
Place the vegetables on a baking tray covered with greased parchment paper.
Season with garlic or garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Drizzle oil onto each piece.
Bake for 40 – 50 minutes until the vegetables are golden brown.
Serve with salad (we take them with raw beet root salad) and with Sauce Medici.